Diverse roster of athletes set to represent the brand in its new top-tier sponsorship program
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, Colo. (Feb. 13, 2019) — Honey Stinger, the award-winning manufacturer of honey-based nutritional products, is pleased to announce its new elite athlete team for 2019: Hive Gold.
Expanding on its already extensive “Hive” sponsorship programs, Honey Stinger created the Hive Gold team to provide additional support to its most distinguished athlete partners who are pursuing athletics at the highest level.
“We are thrilled to continue building on our deep, long-standing commitment to supporting athletes with the addition of our Hive Gold team this year,” said Katie Black, Honey Stinger’s sponsorship coordinator. “We understand just how much it takes – and how much these athletes are investing – to compete at the top of their respective sports, and we are honored to be able to provide them with reliable, great-tasting nutrition to enable them to perform at their best, as well as additional resources to assist them in reaching their goals.”
Stacked with top competitors across a variety of disciplines from ultra running to kayaking to wrestling, the 2019 squad consists of elite athletes who will be fueling with and representing Honey Stinger this year as their official nutrition partner through training, racing and recovery.
The 2019 Hive Gold team roster includes:
- Adam Loomis, Nordic Combined/Trail Running – Fastest Known Time: Wasatch Ultimate Ridge Linkup
- Anna Mae Flynn, Ultra Running – 2017 Speedgoat 50k Champion
- Clare Gallagher, Ultra Running – 2016 Leadville 100 Winner; second-fastest all-time female
- Cooper Ott, Mountain Biking – 9thplace and top American woman at 2016 Aspen Enduro World Series race
- Courtney Dauwalter, Ultra Running – 2018 Western States 100 Champion and 2018 Ultra Runner of the Year
- Ellie Abrahamson, Road Running – Placed 7that the NCAA D1 Outdoor Track & Field Championship
- Jenna Burkert, Wrestling – 2x Senior World Team Member
- Kaci Lickteig, Ultra Running – 2016 Western States 100 Champion and 2016 Ultra Runner of the Year
- Katarina Marks, Triathlon – 2017 ITU Cross-Triathlon Age Group World Champion (25-29)
- Katie Nageotte, Track and Field – Reigning US Indoor Pole Vault Champion
- Kim Hess, Mountaineer – Member of first brother-sister team to complete the Seven Summits
- Mario Mendoza, Trail Running – 2018 100K National Champion
- Mohamed Hrezi, Road Running – Four-time Libyan national record-holder: half marathon, mile, indoor 5k and road 5k
- Neely Gracey, Road Running – 8thplace finish at the 2016 New York City Marathon
- Sage Donnelly, Kayaking – 2018 Junior Women’s Freestyle World Champion
- Tyler Sigl, Trail Running – 2018 50 Mile National Champion
- Yorlliry Moreno, Triathlon – Placed top 20 in all Ironman 70.3 events he raced in 2018
Carefully selected based on a multitude of criteria, Hive Gold athletes are top performers in their sport, demonstrate strong commitment to their athletic communities and possess distinct qualities and values that make them exceptional ambassadors for the Honey Stinger brand.
To learn more about Honey Stinger’s Hive Gold program and to follow the athletes on their journeys this year, visit www.honeystinger.com/athletes.
About Honey Stinger
Founded in 2001 in Steamboat Spring, Colo. and still proudly based in the same location, Honey Stinger makes great tasting, convenient honey-based nutrition products using real, responsibly sourced ingredients. Fueling top elites and everyday enthusiasts alike, Honey Stinger is designed to elevate performance. The company’s diverse product offering includes waffles, gels, chews, energy and cracker bars, protein bars and more, providing natural, sustained energy for every endeavor. Honey Stinger products can be found at sporting goods retailers, grocers, convenience stores and online at www.honeystinger.com.